After a grueling 6 months of construction the new garage, a well earned 6 week break was enjoyed before embarking on Phase 2 of the massive house remodel. Phase 2 involves completely overhauling the downstairs of the house.
- Converting the garage over to a new kitchen/dining area.
- Moving the guest/playroom to the back side of the house creating an open space floor plan (or as close as it will get in this house)
- Expanding the full bath to allow for a barrier less (roll in shower). The full bath won’t be completely ADA compliant, but too much space needed to be taken out of the living room to accomplish that designation.
- Sneaking a half bath in under the stairs.
- Replacing the 25 year old furnace rated for elevations of less than 2500 feet (hello 8500 feet) with a boiler and radiant heat system.
- Replacing the water heater with a new side arm.
- Replacing the 25 year old windows.
- Replacing the garage door with sliding glass doors and panels.
- Fixing any surprises/deficiencies from original construction/past remodels.
True to all construction projects, the plans have been modified between “finalization” and demo day.
- Barrier free shower has been widened to 6’6″ (removing storage shelves) and deepened to 42″
- Island has been shrunk to 6’6 to allow for a wider walkway.
- Bar/coffee station has become an extension of west kitchen counter top (left hand side).
- Triple sliding door has been replaced with a double slider with two fixed outside panes.