After a grueling 6 months of construction the new garage, a well earned 6 week break was enjoyed before embarking on Phase 2 of the massive house remodel. Phase 2 involves completely overhauling the downstairs of the house.
- Converting the garage over to a new kitchen/dining area.
- Moving the guest/playroom to the back side of the house creating an open space floor plan (or as close as it will get in this house)
- Expanding the full bath to allow for a barrier less (roll in shower). The full bath won’t be completely ADA compliant, but too much space needed to be taken out of the living room to accomplish that designation.
- Sneaking a half bath in under the stairs.
- Replacing the 25 year old furnace rated for elevations of less than 2500 feet (hello 8500 feet) with a boiler and radiant heat system.
- Replacing the water heater with a new side arm.
- Replacing the 25 year old windows.
- Replacing the garage door with sliding glass doors and panels.
- Fixing any surprises/deficiencies from original construction/past remodels.
True to all construction projects, the plans have been modified between “finalization” and demo day.
- Barrier free shower has been widened to 6’6″ (removing storage shelves) and deepened to 42″
- Island has been shrunk to 6’6 to allow for a wider walkway.
- Bar/coffee station has become an extension of west kitchen counter top (left hand side).
- Triple sliding door has been replaced with a double slider with two fixed outside panes.
2 thoughts on “Phase 2: Downstairs”
It seems like you are getting this ready for others to move in one day! Total reconstruction from the inside out! So glad you are saving that toilet!! Seriously guys, this is an incredible undertaking. Really liked the green roof. Add pics when all the flowers and/or grasses are in full growth mode. It will be a plush mini meadow right outside your windows. Good luck as you continue to progress this summer.